Come and join us next week at WICE’s annual Open House event, where you can have fun finding out about WICE and how it can enrich your stay in Paris. Open House 2013 is a free event that is open to the public.
When: Tuesday, 24 September from 14h30 to 18h30
Where: American Church of Paris, 65 Quai d’Orsay, 75007 Paris
Metro: Invalides, Alma-Marceau
WICE holds a unique spot in the Paris expat community, with its diverse offering of courses in English. WICE also holds free weekly French-English conversation groups and many free social events throughout the year.
Some of the main advantages of participating in WICE’s exciting activities are making friends, learning helpful and insightful tips about living in France, and creating your own sense of community here in Paris. But WICE is not only for the expat community in Paris. For the local French community, WICE's courses and events are a great way to improve your English by joining up with other English speakers while pursuing an activity that you enjoy.
At Open House 2013, Instructors from each WICE Department will be available to answer all of your questions about their courses:
- Visual Arts: Photography, Film, Drawing, Painting, Printing & Art Buying
- Art of Living in France: Wine Tasting, Cooking, Lifestyle, Fashion
- Languages: French, Spanish, German, English
- Creative Writing & Literature: Short Fiction, Manuscripts, Non-Fiction
- Paris Walks & Visits: Museum Visits, Market Visits, Neighborhood Tours
- Cultural Studies: WICE World Watch
Activities at Open House 2013, where you can:
- Watch live art demonstrations
- Assess your level in French or English with our placement language tests
- Practice your language skills in on-the-spot conversation groups
- Let our friendly staff help you sign-up for classes and social events
- Pick-up popcorn and watch video clips with the new Film department
- Become a WICE member
- Test your senses at the wine booth by distinguishing tastes and smells between different wines
- Decorate your home with artwork from the WICE gallery or with the 2014 Visual Arts student artwork calendar
- Get the latest copy of Paris’ Upstairs at Duroc literary magazine
- Meet and make friends with people from around the world
- Learn about volunteer opportunities at WICE
**And if all of this wasn't enough, Open House attendees will also have a chance to win two tickets for the show Caroline Nin sings Edith Piaf at Le Théâtre Essaïon
Note: WICE members receive a 20% discount for the show's duration.
**For a helpful tip about WICE’s Open House 2013, check out the current issue of Expatriates Magazine.
** Open House refreshments will be provided by 1000 & 1 Signes, which was ranked #3 on TripAdvisor. This hip new Moroccan restaurant mixes good cuisine and sign language while promoting convivial communication between its hearing and hard-of-hearing clients.
** Register to attend WICE's Open House 2013 Today at www.wice-paris.org/openhouse !
Post by Veronica Kugler